Last year when the NRS visited NDOR we were greeted with blistering heat wave all weekend, and the club where blessed again this year with the Best weather of 2018. Out came the factor 50 for temperatures of 26 degrees+.

Saturday was the usual test and inspect day with all racers given free run of the superb astro track right up to 8pm. Plenty of laps laid down on the green fuzzy felt of NDOR. 

Some changes to the track this year with a new chicane section installed, which would extend laptimes to around 41seconds for the quick ones out there.

The Sunday race day started with a full round of 5min practice for all heats followed by 4 x 5min qualifying round (best 3 to count).

At the end of the heats top spots (TQ's) were as follows.

Buggy - Kieran Cox                                                                                           
Truggy - Alan Yates                                                                                                     
E Buggy - Simon Larkin

On with the finals and due to numbers it was decided to give all finals 22min runs (except E Buggy who went for 18min)

First up Buggy C final.

A small field of 8 in this final with 2 to bump. The usual first corner fun and games and Matthew McAuley cleared the worst and went from 5th to 1st on the first lap. With the rest still been sorted out he kept this position all the way from start to finish.

Jack Platt who had borrowed Mick Butlers car due to issues came in second and closely followed by Lucas Smith 

Onto the B final and another bout of fun and games in the first banked corner. Michael Isaacs getting caught up in the midst of it before finding his head and taking the lead from Chris Gregory around lap 20. Chris having a great final moving from 9th on the grid to finishing 2nd. Tristan Parsons finishing in 3rd.

E Buggy up next and time for a little peace and quiet for the afternoon.
Simon Larkin led from start to finish, so not much can be said about that. However the battle for the podium spots went to the chaisng pack.
Paul Fyfe, Ian Fleming and Chris Jeffrey. Between the mid part of the final it was anyones game. Swapping between each other over laps 9-17, which made for some fun to watch and given the quietness on the rostrum laughs and banter was free flowing.

In the end it was Paul fyfe who took 2nd spot and Ian Fleming 3rd with only 7 secs between them.

Time for the Truggy boys now. But the final was put on hold for 30mins as Liam Bryan who had been marsahlling the E buggy final collapsed due to the heat. He stood up from his marshall point, passed out and landed awkward which resulted in him dislocating his right elbow !!!. Before coming around again in some serious pain and discomfort. Thanks to all the First aiders at NDOR and Cora Cox for swift action and getting Liam as comfortable as possible whilst the ambulance was called. Our best wishes and a speedy recovery go out to Liam.

So back to the Truggy final.
Alan Yates who had TQ'd the truggies had a nasty start and went from hero to zero (1st to 6th) He continud to battle through the final finishing 4th overall. Unfortunatly the juice ran out on his Tekno ET truggy having got to 1st place again at lap 25. 
So who took the podiums??
Well Stephen Morgan with his Kyosho rose to the top spot with a great drive for the 22mins. Andy 'NRS Chairman' Beaumont kept the heat on chasing Mr Yates until the juice went, dropping the 2nd spot in his lap, and Mick Fallows was also bumped into 3rd following Alan's retirement.

Buggy A final.

This was going to be hottly contested with some great seasoned drivers and the young bloods on the scene.
The start was a little scrappy as Kieran was knocked from 1st to 3rd on the first lap. But credit to him fighting back in some quick racing and some fearless jumps and overtaking manouvers. Allan Ward who came best out the first corner in 1st position dropped steadily down the pack to 6th after 5 laps. This left the young bloods racing like they had stolen the buggies. 22mins of some fast and furious chasing and racing ended after 22mins with Kieran in 1st, Jack hurst finishing in 2nd place with some great racing, and Ashlee Owen showing great form over the weekend to finish 3rd.

Thanks to all the drivers who attended this 1st round of the series and a big congratulations to Mandy Scott and the NDOR crew for a great venue to start the series.

Onwards and upwards to Round 2 and another great track. DEERDALE on the 17th June 2018.
We look forward to round 2 and seeing you all there for more fun in the sun and Northern racing for Northern Folks. !!!

Andy Beaumont
NRS Chairman